Monday, April 11, 2011

Seek and Trust

As I sit here listening to the tornado sirens screech, the rain pounding on my metal roof, the rushing wind and the loud floor-shaking thunder, I have utter peace. I know I am in the Lord's care and nothing will harm me unless it is His will. When you learn that He is in control of your life and death, you know you must trust in Him. It has not always been that way, only as I have learned to trust Him through His Word and realized, I am not in control, God is! All the uncertainties of this world fade as I seek His face. Ps.63:1 O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. Is.26:9 My soul yearns for you in the night; my spirit within me earnestly seeks you. For when your judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world learn righteousness. Ps.119:41-42 Let your steadfast love come to me, O LORD, your salvation according to your promise; then shall I have an answer for him who taunts me, for I trust in your word. John 14:1 NIV "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
Precious Lord, I am a sinner saved by grace. Forgive me for the foolish things I do and say. Thank You for Jesus. Lord, open eyes to Your truth. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment