Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Sweet Song of Praise

As I sit here this morning, I can hear the birds singing outside my window. Their sweet song of praise to the Lord fills my ears and makes my heart feel all is well for those who rest in the Lord's care. Thanks You Lord, your Grace is truly sufficient for me! As you age, your body begins to ache, especially at night when you try to sleep. When sleep is allusive I like to pray. His Words ring in my ears and are as comforting as a warm blanket.
Ps.150:6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD! Praise the LORD!
Hen. 13:15  Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name.
James 5:13 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise.
I love the bible truth about Paul and the thorn in his side. 2 Cor.12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2 Cor.12:1-8 I must go on boasting. Though there is nothing to be gained by it, I will go on to visions and revelations of the Lord. I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven--whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows. And I know that this man was caught up into paradise--whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows-- and he heard things that cannot be told, which man may not utter. On behalf of this man I will boast, but on my own behalf I will not boast, except of my weaknesses. Though if I should wish to boast, I would not be a fool, for I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain from it, so that no one may think more of me than he sees in me or hears from me. So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations,a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me.
God deserves our praise. Even the animals sing His praise for He is our Creator and God of the universe. He sent His only Son to save sinful wicked man. Trust in the sufficiency of Christ today! Your eternity is resting on your willingness to repent and trust Christ for salvation. Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."
Lord, You are sovereign God. There is no other! While we have breath, we will praise You and in death we will still praise You as our soul departs this frail home. Open the blind eyes of the lost ones so they can taste Your glorious gift of salvation. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment