Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The One and Only Way

Today would have been my Mom's birthday! She and my Dad died in 1998, just a few months apart. I and my brothers had been blessed with a loving home. My parents taught us right from wrong and that the choices we would make would have good or bad consequences. I had the awesome privilege of seeing my Dad saved while he was in his sixties. My Mom and Dad took us to church where our foundations were laid for later decisions we would make about being Christ followers. I know that I caused my parents a lot of grief because of my stubbornness! I hope they forgave me when I grew up and changed. I was not saved until I was in my twenties. I had the privilege of  hearing fine preaching from my old pastors, Dr. Arendall and Brother Dean. I knew that I was lost and needed Christ when I would hear these two men of God preach. I began to read my bible and study. I really did not go deep enough into bible study until I started attending Brook Hills. We had a pastor who was very good at presenting the gospel but not living it. He left in disgrace because of unrepentant sin with a woman. God is good in that when man fails, He does not! All of us who put our trust in man will be disappointed. God alone is worthy of all our praise and honor. Our present pastor is the most humble man you will ever meet! He makes no excuses about the gospel! The bible is real, it is God's authority and there is only one way to be reconciled to holy God. Through His Son Jesus, is the one and only acceptable way! If I could tell you only one thing about Christ, it would be, He saves your soul from Hell! He will take the most self centered heart and turn it toward compassion for others! You will be a new creation in Christ! I did not say you would be perfect! You will surely fail. You will yield to sin. You will not remain in sin. You will suffer when you sin. Your bible knowledge will show you, your heart and mind will have no peace and you will repent!

Salvation and the new man:
Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." 
1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

Romans 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.
Ezekiel 36:26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh
2 Cor.5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

Lord, how can we ignore so great a salvation? Open hearts to Your salvation! Amen
Wisdom:
Proverbs 2:10-11  for wisdom will come into your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul; discretion will watch over you, understanding will guard you

Fear of the Lord:
Proverbs 1:7  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Job 28:28  And he said to man,’Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom,  and to turn away from evil is understanding.’”

Pray for wisdom:
James 1:5  If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God,who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.

Discernment:
Daniel 2:21  He changes times and seasons;  he removes kings and sets up kings;he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding;
Psalm 119:66 Teach me good judgment and knowledge, for I believe in your commandments.
Proverbs 16:22 Good sense is a fountain of life to him who has it, but the instruction of fools is folly



No comments:

Post a Comment