Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spiritual Beggars

Matt.5:3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

What is poor in spirit? One who has a deep sense of being in spiritual poverty and knowing his wretchedness. It is a wise man who knows he has no chance to be reconciled to God because of sin. He knows that Christ is his redeemer, He lived a sinless life, He died, He rose again and His gift of salvation is free. I hope you are aware that you are a spiritual beggar. You are completely and utterly at the mercy of Christ, the King of all creation and Savior of all souls. Do you have a humble opinion of yourself ? It is only through humbleness that your heart can receive Christ.

Is.66:2 All these things my hand has made, and so all these things came to be, declares the LORD. But this is the one to whom I will look: he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word.

Luke 18:13 But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!

Psalm 25:5 guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

Lord, it is only by Your power and for Your glory that we have salvation. Remember us with mercy when we are stubborn and willfully do not obey You. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment