Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers and Grandmothers-Life Shapers with the Lord




Mother

My Mother Lucille, was a sweet caring person. She died in July of 1998. I miss her and in my mind I see her just like she was all those years ago. She taught me many things about life which I have taught to my daughters and now will try to teach to my grandchildren. One of my favorite things she taught me was that every job is important no matter what it is. They all work together to keep life running smoothly. Because of her teaching, I have never looked down on someones occupation. She also taught me to be kind to people who needed help. As a child, I saw her giving food and clothes to men who would come to our door.
                                                                                                                                    
                                                                                                
                                                                                                                       
Grandmothers are the best. They spoil you rotten and love you no matter how stinking rotten you are!! My grandmother, MomMe was the sweetest lady you could ever want to meet. She was a constant rock in my life. She taught me to cook when I was 11 years old. I am red-headed and have the temper that goes with it. My blessed MomMe got to see me pitch numerous temper fits when I was small. She was always there to spank those fits right out of me, all the while still loving me. I hope she would be proud of the woman she helped make me into. I miss her so much! Prov.31:10, 25-30 10An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. 25 Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come.
26  She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. 27 She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
29"Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all."
30 Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
Lord, thank you for the gift of being a mother and grandmother. It is so sweet I can't express with mere words. Lord, help me to love my children and grandchildren with the same unconditional love that you have shown me. Help me to be true to your words in thought and deed. Help me to teach them through your word and to show your love by my life's example. Amen



3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11 May, 2010

    That was sweet! I have a good momma too, her name is Evelyn. The most important thing she has taught me is unconditional love! I love you mom!
    Jamo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girls are such a sweet gift to me and daddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11 May, 2010

    Mom, you are so precious to me! You are rock constant in my life!!!! When I was in such a bad way last year, you just stepped right in and helped me so much. You retired so you could help us with our kids...your grandkids!!!!
    Thank you thank you thank you for ALL that you do as the matriarch of our family! You are such a blessing to me...to all of us! I love your wisdom and good advice on all things...including garbage bags on windows! :)
    We love you so much and I pray that God will always give you good health and many crowns in glory to give to Jesus for helping us all! As my friend said, "Your momma has been sacrificing for you girls her whole life" (Amy W.) You truly have mom and I thank you so much! I pray that I will be half as good as a mom that you've been to me! I love you Mom!!!!!!! P.S. ur pinto beans are the BOMB! THANKS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete