Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Shepherd Jesus

Psalm 23
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
How awesome are these words? If you know Jesus as your Savior, this Psalm should comfort you in the midst of any trial or trouble. Pastor David preached on this today and I was blessed by his message. He spoke of how our Shepherd cares for us in a personal way, how He never stops giving and how it is based on His grace. By His grace, we are refreshed, restored, and made righteous. Our Shepherd's grace results in our Shepherd's glory. By Him, we have nothing to fear! He satisfies us as well as sustains us and pursues us with a love that will never end. His goodness to us is eternal and his fellowship with us is everlasting. In obedience to the Father, he laid down His life and had the authority to pick it up again. Soon He will come and wipe away all our tears and Shepherd us for eternity. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment