Friday, May 14, 2010

Worth

What bad things have you done? You keep having evil thoughts creeping into your mind? Besides, you are just having a little fun. Who could it hurt? Oh, the devil will whisper you are worthless. What a lie, you are like all the rest of us, a sinner. But God thought we had worth. He sent His only son to redeem us. There has been a struggle for man’s soul since Adam and Eve first brought sin into our world. The devil wanted to be God. He was punished in part for his rebellion; but his final judgment is soon to come. Praise God he is defeated! When the devil starts talking to you and you start to slip, read these words and you will hear a fraction of what the Lord thinks of you.
Ps. 139 13-17 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment