Saturday, May 29, 2010

Your Love Is Better Than Life

Ps.63:1-4  God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory. Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you. So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will lift up my hands.
Where would we be without the love of God? I need Him as much as I need food and water to survive. Who would I turn to in times of sorrow or in times of joy? Who would calm my spirit when the world in in turmoil? I think about the time, when I was much younger, and the wonder of knowing who God is entered my mind. My mother, grandmother and numerous Sunday school teachers and youth Ministers gave various good answers but I needed to find out for myself. It has taken me many years of wonderful sermons, many hours of reading the bible and praying for understanding. If I have learned anything, it is God is always going to give you something different every time you read His word. He will keep you interested. He will become a dear friend whom you will never want to be without. We will never understand it all until Jesus comes back. The world may not go on too much longer, please get ready for Jesus to come and claim His bride.
Lord, I ask for Your blessings on us as we strive to follow Your will. Keep the evil one from us for we know he stands ready to try to stop us. Praise God he is defeated! Lord, I pray for our teams that go out all over the world in Your name, that You would reap a plentiful harvest. Some of us may not go now, but we will support, pray and serve locally. Lord, prepare us for Your service in mind and spirit. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment