Monday, May 3, 2010

Dying to Live

To keep life in the proper perspective one needs to keep in mind,” The minute you are born, you begin to die”. This is God’s plan for us here on this earth but not for eternity. John 14:1-3 Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. Sweet Jesus, thank you for these words. The trials of this world knock us down but your words lift us up. Our hope is you alone. O Lord, show us mercy. Let your words penetrate to the depth of our soul. Amen James 4: 13-17 Come now, you who say” Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit: Yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that. As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment