Sunday, May 2, 2010

By God’s Power

Do you ever think, boy did I do a good job? Well, we actually think we did that good thing on our own. We really need to reconsider just where our power and knowledge come from. Deut. 8:17-18 Beware lest you say in your heart,’ My power and the might of my hand have gotten me this wealth’. You shall remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth that he may confirm his covenant he swore to your fathers as it is this day. We need to be careful not to exempt God from our thinking when we are trying to figure out problems. He is in our mind all the time giving us ideas, warnings etc. I think the more we speak with God, the more we will want to. I drive a 2001 Jetta which is still in good condition, thanks to the Lord who constantly gives my husband the knowledge to work on it. Sometimes, when my husband can’t figure it out, the Lord even gives me the knowledge of the right thing to type in Google for help. It is a blessing to know God cares for us in this way. He really wants us to depend on him and him alone. Thank you Lord for the care you give us everyday. Your word is a comfort to us. Your knowledge we can’t even fathom. Lord, your blessings we don’t deserve. You give us mercy when we should get judgment. You are truly the one and only living God. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment