Sunday, May 16, 2010

Prayer and Fasting

Prayer and fasting is a celebration for God's goodness and mercy to His children.
Ps. 69:10 When I wept and humbled my soul with fasting, it became my reproach.
It may not be an easy thing to do but it will make you love the Lord even more. 2 Cor.12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. We serve an awesome God who cares for us. He wants us to know Him intimately. Prayer and fasting leads us to depend on the strength of His word and to seek Him earnestly. Food is a pleasure God has given us to keep body and soul together. We need to forgo this pleasure to receive God's deepest meaning for our lives.
Lord, most high God, we want You. We need You to be our God. Help us to really seek Your will for our lives. Pour out Your Spirit on our church so we may show Your love to the world. Give us courage to follow You to the ends of the earth. Break down the barriers of hard hearts so we may minister in Your name to the lost. Lord, we can't change anyone but You can. Put Your word in our hearts and minds and let it overflow to the hurting. Lord, reap your harvest. Amen 
Romans 10:15 And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!"

No comments:

Post a Comment