Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Clean Heart

Ps. 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.


These words are spoken by David, in a prayer, after he had sinned with Bathsheba. He begins the prayer with “Have mercy on me O God, according to your steadfast love; according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions”. He is in anguish about his sin. Do we have anguish over our sin? I think we are very flippant about our sin. We do not even think about what sin does to our relationship with a Holy God. He will not tolerate it and we need to run from it at all cost! These words that follow should tear at your hearts for the debt we owe, and the precious one who paid it for us, Col. 2:14 by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This He set aside, nailing it to the cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment