Friday, May 14, 2010

Rich and Poor

Prov.22:2 The rich and the poor have a common bond, the Lord is maker of them all.  You just thought you had nothing in common with the poor. This verse better make you stop and think! You are in your circumstance only due to the Lord's command. Oh, how we take for granted where we live out our existence here on earth!
Ex.33:19 And the LORD said, "I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Listen to Jesus words, as he speaks of the poor.
Mark 14:7 For you always have the poor with you, and whenever you want, you can do good for them. But you will not always have me. I am as guilty as you. It is ok to have a nice home, car etc. But we really need to have the mind set against bigger and better, and be better stewards of God's money. That's right it belongs to God! Most of us live well, we can afford to cut back and do some sharing. We need to be content with what we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment