Monday, May 10, 2010

Sin Struggle

Paul is an awesome writer for the Lord. He is so very much like us; we can not deny our parallel. The things we want to do we don’t do, and the things we don’t want to do, we do! Sounds like a crazy person, huh? But this is the way we live out most of our life. I am reading a book called “What difference do it make”. It is a story of a homeless black man name Denver who meets a rich white couple, Ron and Debbie, at the downtown mission. There lives are forever changed when they step out of their comfort zone and actually be obedient and follow in Jesus footsteps. I guess this is the ultimate sin we repeat over and over, because we just don’t love people in Jesus name.
Romans 7:14-20 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me that is, my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I can not carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do, this is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

No comments:

Post a Comment