Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Taming the Tongue

James 3:5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasts great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindles. I am the worlds worst about speaking my mind. I don't always do it with a kind spirit either. I have prayed a lot about my sharp tongue and the Lord has calmed it. I still fail though. I know many people who are so loving but struggle with sharp tongues. Men seen to have this problem towards their wives and wives towards their husbands. Words cut just as deep as knives. They take a little of your heart each time. I wish we all could think before we speak. I love my husband dearly and I know I have said mean things to him that he didn't deserve. He is very forgiving to me. I also think this verse speaks to spreading tales on others whether they are true or not. I wonder how many lives have been destroyed because of idle gossip? Prov.19:14&19 (14) Wise men store up knowledge but the mouth of a fool invites ruin. (19) When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment